A. Participation in the Loyalty Program: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER.
1. The Loyalty Program is void where prohibited by law. Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia and Puerto Rico who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older.
2. The following individuals are NOT eligible to participate in the Loyalty Program: (a) employees of Administrator; (b) employees of BP Lubricants USA Inc.; (c) employees of Sponsor’s affiliates, distributors, dealers, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies; (d) employees of any other person or entity involved in the development, administration, or execution of the program and (e) the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and/or spouse of each) and/or those living in the same household as persons set forth in items (a) through (d) above.
3. Participation in the Loyalty Program constitutes each Participant's full and unconditional agreement to these Terms and Conditions, and representation that Participant meets the eligibility requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions. Those who do not comply with these Terms and Conditions may be prohibited from participating in the Program.
4. In order to participate in the Loyalty Program, individuals must register on-line as set forth in rule 5 at www.castrolcrew.com
. Limit two registered accounts per e-mail address per household.
5. How to accrue Castrol Credits: 1) Go to the registration page at www.castrolcrew.com
and complete the information requested to sign-up. You will then gain access to the member page. You will have the option to participate in different Crew Member programs to accrue additional Castrol Credits. (1) Join the Crew-fill out and complete your profile and earn 40 Castrol Credits. Once you complete your profile you cannot accrue any more credits from this category. (2) Add additional subscriptions (Castrol Communications, Racing Updates, Oil Change Reminder) and get 5 Castrol Credits for each up to a maximum of 15 credits during the program period. You must keep your subscription for a minimum of 3 months. (3) Tell Us More - answer additional questions about your usage of Castrol products and services to receive an additional 10 Castrol Credits. Once you answer the additional questions you cannot accrue any additional Credits from this category. (4) Tell-A-Friend - for each friend you tell about the loyalty program you will receive 2 Castrol Credits. Remember to log-in to earn Credits. Limited to 100 Castrol Credits or fifty (50) friends total during the program period. (5) Reply to a Post – post a message on the message board or blog and earn 5 Credits for each reply you make – but watch those yes and no answers – only real contributions earn you Credits (10 characters or more). Limited to earning a maximum of 100 Castrol Credits every 30 days. Additional posts within the 30-day period will not earn Credits. (6) Registering for Castrol's Engine Warranty and earn 25 Credits and remember to keep your reciepts. (7) Log your first Oil Change for the Castrol Engine Warranty and earn 10 Bonus Credits.
By participating you hereby agree that Sponsor may modify any of the terms and conditions governing the Loyalty Program at any time, with or without notice, even though these changes may affect a Participant's ability to use accumulated Castrol Credits. A Participant's continued participation in the Loyalty Program constitutes his or her acceptance of any changes to these Terms and Conditions.
1. Use of Credits.
Sponsor will attempt to credit its member's accounts with Castrol Credits on a timely basis. However, each participant will have the responsibility of ensuring that his or her Credits are properly credited. Any claim for Credits not credited accurately must be received by Sponsor within ten (10) days of the date of claimed accrual of such Credits. Sponsor shall have no liability for any printing, production, typographical, mechanical or other errors in the credits summaries. Sponsor reserves the right to invalidate Credits from a member's account if it determines that such Credits were improperly credited to such member's account or obtained fraudulently. Sponsor reserves the right to require proof of accrual of Credits and Sponsor reserves the right to delay the processing or redemption of any Credits without notice to you, in order to assure compliance with the Terms outlined herein. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. Without limiting any other remedies, Sponsor may suspend or terminate your Account if Sponsor suspects that you have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with this Loyalty Program. Credits do not constitute property, do not entitle a member a vested right or interest and have no cash value. As such, Credits are not redeemable for cash, transferable or assignable for any reason. The sale of Credits is strictly prohibited. Participation in the Loyalty Program is subject to the Terms, as well as policies and procedures that Sponsor may adopt or modify from time to time. Any failure to abide by the Terms or any policies or procedures implemented by Sponsor, any conduct detrimental to Sponsor, or any misrepresentation or fraudulent activities in connection with this Loyalty Program may result, in addition to any rights or remedies available to Sponsor in law or equity, in the termination of membership in the Loyalty Program, as well as forfeiture of Credits accrued to date and any other benefits earned in connection therewith, in Sponsor's sole discretion.
C. Redeeming Your Castrol Credits
1. A Participant may visit the Web Site to use their accrued Castrol Credits towards merchandise that will be available throughout the Loyalty Program. Your Castrol Credits are equal to one point.
2. A Participant may begin using the Castrol Credits he/she has collected as of the date of the listing of the merchandise on the Loyalty Program website. The listing will provide the start and end date and all terms and conditions relevant to redemption.
3. The total number of Credits a Participant can use is the total number of Credits he or she has available in his/her account. For example, if a Participant has collected 250 Credits, the total number of Credits he/she can use for merchandise is 250 Credits. However, unused Castrol Credits earned in the Loyalty Program will expire on the last day of the program.
4. You can use your Castrol Credits towards any merchandise in the Castrol store as long as you have sufficient Castrol Credits in your account to support your purchase. Once you redeem Castrol Credits for merchandise you cannot retract them. Castrol Credits earned are valid only for the registered e-mail account. No Castrol Credits can be combined between accounts and there will be no substitutions or exchanges of merchandise. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an item advertised of equal or greater value if due to unavailability or for any other reason. Once you redeem your Credits for merchandise they cannot be returned to your account.
5. Registered users who have opened a Loyalty Program account and have not participated in the Loyalty Program for a period of 90 days will have their account closed due to non-activity.
D. General Terms and Conditions
1. Sponsor reserves the right to suspend or discontinue the eligibility of any person who uses, or, in the case of suspension, is suspected of using, the Loyalty Program in a manner inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions or any federal or state laws, statutes or ordinances. In addition to suspension or discontinuance of the Loyalty Program eligibility, Sponsor shall have the right to take appropriate administrative and/or legal action, including criminal prosecution, as it deems necessary in its sole discretion.
2. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Loyalty Program may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that, or any other, provision.
3. The Loyalty Program is provided to individuals only. Corporations, associations, including school organizations, or other groups may not participate in the Loyalty Program.
4. All questions or disputes regarding eligibility for the Loyalty Program, the availability of items, or a Participant’s compliance with these Terms and Conditions will be resolved by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
5. The Loyalty Program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
E. Limitation of Liability
1. Administrator, Sponsor, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and promotional and advertising agencies are not responsible for any printing or computer error, omission, interruption, irregularity, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of Loyalty Program materials or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of Loyalty Program information due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, at any web site or any combination thereof. In the event that online access is temporarily corrupted and suspended, notice of such will be provided at the Web Site and Participants will be advised as to when activity may be resumed.
2. By participating in the Loyalty Program, each Participant accepts all responsibility for, and hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Administrator, Sponsor and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, promotion and advertising agencies, franchisees, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, and successors, assigns, and service providers from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, or expenses that may arise from actions taken by such Participant and/or Participant’s participation in the Loyalty Program, or for any harm or injury caused by any third party.
3. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL ADMINISTRATOR, SPONSOR AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, FRANCHISEES, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE LOYALTY PROGRAM, EVEN IF ANY OR ALL OF THE FOREGOING OR ANY OF THEIR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THEREFORE SUCH EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF ADMINISTRATOR IMPROPERLY DENIES A PARTICIPANT ANY PRIZE, LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE EQUIVALENT FAIR MARKET VALUE OF PRIZE BY PARTICIPATING IN THE LOYALTY PROGRAM, A PARTICIPANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO BRING ANY CLAIM OR ACTION RELATED TO SUCH MATTERS IN ANY FORUM BEYOND ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE FIRST OCCURRENCE OF THE KIND OF ACT, EVENT, CONDITION OR OMISSION UPON WHICH THE CLAIM OR ACTION IS BASED.
4. Administrator, Sponsor and their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents, franchisees, successors assigns, and service providers, are not responsible for any products or services offered on the Web Site. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWABLE BY LAW, ADMINISTRATOR AND SPONSOR SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE PRODUCTS AND/OR PRIZES IN THE LOYALTY PROGRAM.
5. As a condition of participating in this Loyalty Program, Participant agrees that, except where prohibited, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Loyalty Program shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in New Jersey. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Administrator or Sponsor in connection with the Loyalty Program, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Jersey, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules
6. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions, which will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
Sponsored by: BP Lubricants USA Inc. 1500 Valley Road, Wayne, N.J. 07470
©2013 BP Lubricants USA Inc. Printed in USA. All rights reserved.